Safer Gambling Week is starting once again, and in 2020 it will run between the 19th and 25th November. Through it, the whole of the UK and Irish gambling industry will unite in a bid to support and promote responsible gambling. This will be done by creating conversation with both customers and employees alike regarding safe betting and gaming. In this respect, you’ll get to hear about the following subjects:
- The route to take in order to gamble in a safer way
- The tools that are on hand to assist people with gambling safely all the time
- The sources that you can utilise to seek out additional support
While it’s true that various websites, including bingo sites, and land-based venues provide information on safer gambling throughout the year, during Safer Gambling Week, the teams backing this will be a lot more visible and present. Material from Safer Gambling Week will be utilised for this, offering up information on where to find more help and support.
Some of the information covered in these pieces of material include:
- Five key behaviours of safer gambling
- Details of where to find further help, if needed
- Promotion of the Safer Gambling Week website and social media pages
- Questions regarding general gambling behaviour
All gambling venues will be promoting Safer Gambling Week, too. Posters, leaflets and banners will be found on display within venues, as well as online, which will encourage discussions over the safety of players’ gambling habits. Some of the venues even have special events occurring during the week, while online sites promote the week with banners and pop-ups.
Any employees at gambling establishments and online gambling sites will remain active as points of contact for consumers looking to find out more. Support should also be provided to those players who are concerned over their own gambling activities.
Visit Safer Gambling’s website for all contacts and resources.